Caramel-Fudge Chocolate Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Immediately poke holes in the cake with a meat fork or skewer. Spread caramel and fudge toppings over cake. Cool on a wire rack.
- Frost with whipped topping. Sprinkle with toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 446 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 426mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (53g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 3, 2019
Rich and delicious! I added chopped pecans to mine. Will be making this again and again.
Jul 2, 2017
Jan 14, 2017
Very easy and rich! I forgot to buy chocolate chips and only had olive oil. The cake was still delicious and everyone loved it. I used crushed Heath bars on top.
Jul 31, 2016
This is one cake that satisfies that sweet tooth! When I take to carry ins, it's always a hit!
May 13, 2016
I've made this before but I didn't add the chocolate chips in the mix. I'll have to try that. This is extra rich but so good. It always goes fast when I make it. We always call it "Death by Chocolate"!!
Mar 1, 2016
So easy and so yummy! This is a great cake for a potluck. The flavor combination is delicious!
May 3, 2015
Wow! This cake was amazing and everyone loved it! This recipe is so easy - definitely a keeper!
Dec 28, 2014
This was too sweet and too good!!!! Love this recipe!! Yummy fudge and caramel! I used triple chocolate fudge cake mix.......do this!! So good!!
Sep 14, 2012
It's a keeper!Re: To lebs3607, entirely too sweet? Did you not look at the recipe before you made it, or did you just say you made it? Duh! If you made it, you know it consist of choc. chips, caramel, hot fudge, choc cake mix, what gives you a clue that it will be sweet? Please stop leaving your rude comments. We all know that it will be sweet and yummy. You shouldn't of made it in the first place. What texture were you looking for? No, please don't tell us.
Jul 21, 2012
This cake is a real classic. I've served it many, many times. I don't know how many times I've shared the recipe. I've substituted crushed Butterfinger candy bars, M & M's, Reese's pieces or chocolate peanut butter cups for the toffee bits with the same tasty results! Yum!