Cherry Fudge Truffle Coconut Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 1 hour 20 min. + chilling
- 1-2/3 cups crushed Oreo cookies (about 17 cookies)
- 2/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- 1 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup cherry preserves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking chips, melted and cooled
- 1 cup sweetened whipped cream
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 16 maraschino cherries with stems, patted dry
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place a greased 10-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. Place on a baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and coconut; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of prepared pan. Bake 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce oven setting to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat 3 pkg. cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cream of coconut and extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Stir in chopped cherries. Pour 3 cups batter into crust. In another bowl, beat remaining 8 oz. cream cheese until smooth. Beat in cooled chocolate and cherry preserves. Drop by tablespoonfuls over coconut batter. Carefully spoon remaining coconut batter over top. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 80-85 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Top cheesecake with chocolate, whipped cream, toasted coconut and cherries.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 545 calories, 37g fat (22g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 290mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (44g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 26, 2019
Impressive to look at and everyone who tried it at the party really enjoyed it. I could only eat a bite or two myself as it was a little too much for me.
Dec 25, 2019
This was our Christmas Eve dessert and it was great. Even the picky eaters who don't love coconut loved it!
Dec 12, 2019
Perfection! So festive and delicious. The flavors all blend together to make an explosion of flavors. I can see why this won grand Price.