Chocolate Cherry Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Chocolate curls, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Spoon batter by 1/4 cupfuls into paper-lined muffin cups. Place a rounded teaspoonful of pie filling in the center of each cupcake. Set remaining pie filling aside.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes; top each with one cherry from pie filling. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Refrigerate remaining pie filling for another use.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 252 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Oct 22, 2016
What sort of pie filling are people using? Mine didn't have any whole cherries in it, and I don't remember seeing an option like that at the store. It was just a glutinous mass of cherry flavored gel. Cupcakes were tasty, but no cherries for the top.
Dec 14, 2014
so yummy and easy to make . Debbie. Las Vegas.
Sep 10, 2014
Very tasty, very easy to make, very pretty. A winner all the way around!
Feb 15, 2013
I made these for a Valentine treat. They are very easy and also delicious! I did use my own homemade frosting which is tastier and just as easy. This recipe is a keeper!
Feb 5, 2008
I love The way you have your web sight set up. Thanks. It is so easy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.