Chocolate Cream Cupcakes
My favorite hockey team the Boston Bruins inspired these cupcakes. Add a love note on top using a little white icing. —Alisa Christensen, Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- White decorating icing, optional
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, using 20 paper-lined muffin cups. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Press plastic wrap onto surface of pudding; refrigerate until cold.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a small pastry tip. Transfer pudding to bag. Using a wooden or metal skewer, poke a hole through bottom of cupcake liners. Push tip through hole and pipe filling into cupcakes.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Whisk in confectioners' sugar and water. Dip tops of cupcakes into glaze. If desired, pipe designs on cupcakes.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 239 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Boston Cream Pie Cupcakes in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.