Chocolate Cream Cupcakes
My favorite hockey team the Boston Bruins inspired these cupcakes. Add a love note on top using a little white icing. —Alisa Christensen, Rancho Santa Margarita, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding mix
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- White decorating icing, optional
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, using 20 paper-lined muffin cups. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, prepare pudding mix according to package directions. Press plastic wrap onto surface of pudding; refrigerate until cold.
- Cut a small hole in the tip of a pastry bag or in a corner of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a small pastry tip. Transfer pudding to bag. Using a wooden or metal skewer, poke a hole through bottom of cupcake liners. Push tip through hole and pipe filling into cupcakes.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Whisk in confectioners' sugar and water. Dip tops of cupcakes into glaze. If desired, pipe designs on cupcakes.