Chocolate Candy Corn Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package fudge marble cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Orange paste food coloring
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate candy corn
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- Reserve cocoa packet from cake mix. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream, eggs, milk and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer half of the batter to a small bowl; tint orange with food coloring. To other half of batter, stir in contents of cocoa packet.
- Divide chocolate batter among prepared cups. Carefully top with orange batter; do not swirl. Bake and cool as package directs.
- To serve, top cupcakes with whipped topping and candy corn. Refrigerate leftovers.
Aug 18, 2016
This is an ingenious cupcake! The unique orange and black together is fabulous. The best part about this thing is not only how decorative it is but how great it taste. The addition of sour cream makes them not taste like cake mix. We did used regular candy corn and chocolate frosting. As a volunteer field editor for taste of home magazine I love recipes that take a creative twist!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.