Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup halved maraschino cherries
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cherries and chocolate chips.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 321 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 14, 2016
amazing!!!! i had used almond milk and vegetable oil and they were so so good!!!
Sep 21, 2014
AMAZING.. I've been making this exact recipe for years, its still my husbands super favorite! Thanks for keeping it around! PS keeps nice in the freezer!
Jan 1, 2014
My daughters LOVED these! Made these during the holidays. Maraschino cherries are always a favorite.
Feb 16, 2011
Yummy!! I used mini chocolate chips which was just the right amount of chocolate to balance out the cherries. Right size for one or two.
May 6, 2010
My mother-in-law found this recipe first in TOH's Cooking for Two. Now she has my husband and me hooked on them!
Oct 22, 2009
These were a big hit! My husband isn't big on maraschino cherries, but that was just fine - more for the rest of us :)