Cherry Cheese Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 5 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups cherry pie filling
- Mint leaves, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon into foil-lined muffin cups. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream and the remaining sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spoon onto cupcakes. Return to the oven for 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Top with pie filling; garnish with mint if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 202 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 7, 2018
I omitted the sour cream, put a vanilla wafer on bottom during cooking and topped with strawberry pie filling. They were a hit.
Mar 28, 2018
Fantastic recipe ! I used just regular paper muffin cups placed in a muffin tin and they turned out just fine. They also freeze very well...just add the topping after thawing in the refrigerator.
Mar 12, 2016
I've made this before and I like to put a Vanilla Wafer at the bottom of the cupcake liner before adding the Cheesecake Batter. What a delicious and easy to make treat...
Dec 16, 2014
I thought the recipe was good just the way it was
Dec 15, 2014
I've made similar before,with the Nilla Waffer bottoms, but always in mini size. This recipe doesn't say what size, It just says foil lined muffin cups. Anybody have a clue?
Dec 20, 2010
Your not doing anything wrong, they are supposed to sink in the middle.
Feb 27, 2010
My foil muffin package says don't use in a muffin pan is anyone else? I am a good cook but not a great baker. My cakes started to sink in the middle a little-I took them out as soon as the tooth pick came out clean. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?
Dec 30, 2008
Can these be frozen with or without the cherry topping?
Dec 9, 2008
cakelover,I had thought of the nilla wafer bottom also,but that would kind of take away from the "cupcake " aspect and make it more of a "cake" sort of thing.It really works great just the way it is.
Dec 8, 2008
How do you think putting a nilla wafer in the bottom for a "crust" would work out?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.