Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound pitted canned or frozen tart red cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Red food coloring, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine crumbs and butter; press gently onto bottoms of 12 foil-lined muffin cups. In another bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Add egg; beat on low speed just until combined. Spoon over crusts.
- Bake until centers are almost set, 12-15 minutes. Cool completely.
- For topping, drain cherries, reserving 1/2 cup juice in a saucepan; discard remaining juice. To reserved juice, add cherries, sugar, cornstarch and, if desired, food coloring. Bring to a boil; cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Cool; spoon over cheesecakes. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 mini cheesecake: 213 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 127mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 27, 2019
It would be nice if the recipe mentioned how much per muffin tin for the base
Nov 12, 2018
Watch out because these are addicting!! I did use cherry pie filling instead of making my own only because I didn't have fresh cherries on hand. Still tastes amazing!
Mar 20, 2018
I top these with a combination of fresh strawberries, blueberries and kiwi with a dab of whipped cream. Adds a wonderful taste of freshness and so colorful.
Feb 18, 2018
So good! Love the cherry topping. Well worth it to make it.
Mar 24, 2015
A friend gave me this recipe 30 years ago. I use a vanilla wafer for the crust and canned cherry pie filling for the topping.
Dec 21, 2011
I make this, but I use pecan sandies crumbs for the crust. Great change & taste. I also use canned fruit of all kinds. My grandkids love these.
Jul 25, 2011
These are wonderful. I have been making them for years. They are easy to make.
Mar 30, 2011
So simple and so delicious! Just the right size for a snack!
Mar 29, 2011
I'd love to try this, maybe using crushed Oreos instead. But, I'd think this particular method (mini cheesecakes in multiple cupcake papers) is far more "fussy" than putting it all in a single serving dish. Still, I'm planning to try it.
Mar 29, 2011
This was delicious--and so fast and easy to make. Used canned pie filling and worked great.Took it to work and they disappeared before lunch breaks were over.