Festive Cranberry-Topped Cheesecake
When my daughter was 4 months old, my husband and I hosted both our families for Christmas dinner. I served this cheesecake for dessert. It's quite festive and was thoroughly enjoyed by all. —Stacy Dutka, Bienfait, Saskatchewan
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 2 cups crushed shortbread cookies
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the orange juice and zest, vanilla and cinnamon. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour filling over crust.
- Return pan to baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Combine cornstarch and orange juice until smooth; stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature. Stir in pecans. Spoon over cheesecake. Refrigerate until chilled.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 537 calories, 33g fat (17g saturated fat), 129mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Festive Cheesecake with Cranberry Topping in Taste of Home October/November 2008