Mini Lemon Cheesecake Tarts
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 2 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- Fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl, beat 3 ounces cream cheese, 1/2 cup butter and lemon zest until blended. Gradually add flour, mix well. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; press onto the bottom and up sides of 24 ungreased mini muffin cups.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat 1/2 cup sugar and remaining cream cheese until smooth. Beat in 1 teaspoon lemon juice and vanilla. Add egg; beat on low speed just until blended. Fill cups half full with cream cheese mixture. Bake 18-22 minutes or until set. Carefully run a knife around tarts to loosen from pan. Cool in pans on wire racks.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining sugar; whisk in water. Bring to boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; gently stir in food coloring and remaining lemon juice and butter. Cool to room temperature.
- Remove cooled tarts from pans. Spoon on topping; top with raspberries. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 tartlet: 121 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 31, 2019
Way too sweet. Very disappointing.
Mar 24, 2019
Can these be frozen with the lemon filling in it ? I have a shower thats a month away to bake for
Dec 6, 2018
Haven't taste them yet, but please . . . indicate unsalted butter or salted butter. It makes a huge difference in the end result. I only use unsalted butter and a crust without at least a pinch of salt tastes like wallpaper paste.
Feb 20, 2018
But the next time I will prepare a double portion of filling.
Jul 2, 2016
Quite time consuming but very tasty in the end.