Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour into two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; fold in the whipped cream. Spread over each cake. Top with pie filling. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
Dec 31, 2019
I’ve been making this cake since it was first shared in the magazine. I’ve always added a tsp of vanilla to the cheesecake. I’m not sure if that was an ingredient in the original or not. I also make one cake with cherry pie filling and the other with strawberry or blueberry or whatever flavor can I have. I’ll never be able to thank you enough for sharing such a delicious recipe that will be in my family for generations to come ??
May 23, 2019
I have been making this since it first appeared on ToH. My favorite potluck dish. I cut the sugar down to 3 cups and add more whipping cream. I also double the cake recipe and bake in a 12x18x2 wilton half sheet pan.
Jan 29, 2019
I made this for company today and got RAVE reviews and many asking for the recipe!! WHAT A HIT! I did find I needed one more can of cherries or they weren't covered as nice as I like!
Apr 20, 2013
I've been making this recipe since it first appeared in TOH. It was an instant hit with family and friends. My middle son always asks for it for his birthday. We refer to this as "Cameron's birthday cake", when anyone wants me to make it!ToniGommy of 5
Mar 1, 2013
I have made this for years. I use fresh strawberries and/or blueberries.
Sep 14, 2012
My husband will eat a whole pan of this by himself. He is not willing to share with anyone.
Sep 3, 2011
the best chhese cake ever!!
Dec 24, 2010
easy to make and tastes great!