Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) cherry pie filling
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour into two greased 13x9-in. baking dishes. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy; fold in the whipped cream. Spread over each cake. Top with pie filling. Chill 4 hours or overnight.
Apr 20, 2013
I've been making this recipe since it first appeared in TOH. It was an instant hit with family and friends. My middle son always asks for it for his birthday. We refer to this as "Cameron's birthday cake", when anyone wants me to make it!ToniGommy of 5
Mar 1, 2013
I have made this for years. I use fresh strawberries and/or blueberries.
Sep 14, 2012
My husband will eat a whole pan of this by himself. He is not willing to share with anyone.
Sep 3, 2011
the best chhese cake ever!!
Dec 24, 2010
easy to make and tastes great!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.