Cherry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min. + cooling
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Reserve 3/4 cup crumb mixture. Add the baking powder, baking soda and salt to remaining crumb mixture. Stir in the egg, sour cream and almond extract until blended. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan with removable bottom.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar for 1 minute. Add egg; beat just until combined. Spread over crust. Carefully top with pie filling. Sprinkle with almonds and reserved crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until center is set. Cool on a wire rack. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 532 calories, 29g fat (16g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
May 31, 2018
This coffee cakae was delicious! I loved it all - the cake, the filling, the topping, and the almonds. It was a wonderful mix of flavors and textures. I also like that it's baked in a springform pan - makes for a pretty presentation. This would be a great coffee cake to serve guests for breakfast or brunch.
Sep 23, 2017
I have made this coffee cake several times and it really deserves a 10 star!
Sep 28, 2016
Delicious, moist coffee cake. I added a little more almond extract but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. The presentation is very nice; people thought I had bought it from a bakery!
Feb 7, 2016
This same recipe is in Taste of Home December 2015 called Cherry Almond Coffee Cake with the variation of 2 1/2 c. of flour instead of 2 1/4 (maybe makes the dough less sticky?) and cherry preserves instead of cherry pie filling. I used a berry "fruit spread" which probably has less sugar, and it was delicious, although I then kind of wished for a bit of confectioner's sugar glaze, ha! I was searching for the Cherry Almond Coffee Cake to add to my recipe box, and this one came up instead.
Nov 23, 2014
Have made this several times. It is delicious. I got it from my Taste of Home magazine a few years ago.
Sep 27, 2013
This is one of my family?s favorite coffee cakes. I have made it several times for family gatherings. Everyone that has tried it, loves it. I also used blueberry filling and it turned out great. Thanks for sharing.
Dec 25, 2012
I used pecans instead of almonds and baked this in a 13 x 9 pan. Tasty, and not too hard. I would use brown sugar in the topping next time.
Dec 9, 2012
It is a fantastic cake. I made it for a party and every time they have a get together,they only want me to make this cake. I misplaced the recipe and I wanted to look for it again ,but to my surprise ,I just saw it on Facebook.
Nov 5, 2012
Jul 17, 2012
this is amazing. i made it for my birthday, instead of a frosted cake. i pared it with a nutty ice cream and it was great. i was a little unsure at first because i don't typically like cherry pie filling but, i was very pleased with how good it was in this. next time i think peaches or apples would be good... I'll have to try it and write another review.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.