Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- COFFEE CAKE:
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; reserve 1 cup crumb mixture.
- To remaining crumb mixture, add baking powder, soda, salt, sour cream, egg and almond extract; blend well. Spread batter over bottom and 2 in. up side of greased and floured 9-in. springform pan. (Batter should be 1/4 in thick on sides.)
- In small bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and egg until smooth. Pour over batter in pan. Carefully spoon jam evenly over cheese filling.
- In a small bowl, combine reserved crumb mixture and almonds; sprinkle over top. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until cream cheese filling is set and crust is a deep golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Serve warm or cool. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 320 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Nov 17, 2017
Delicious! I loved the almost custard-like consistency of the filling (and it helped keep the cake moist, not dry like some other coffee cakes I've tried). Two thumbs up!
Feb 7, 2010
My husband gave this 5 stars and wants me to make it again. I think it has just the right amount of jam - more would be a little overwhelming. I added more butter, though, to get it to resemble "coarse crumbs". Making it the night before will save a lot of time in the morning.
Jan 20, 2010
I really liked this recipe. I would suggest more raspberry jam. I used fat free sour cream, and low fat cream cheese and it tasted great.
Jun 1, 2008
This was a hit when my brother visited! It wasn't difficult to make at all! Will definitely make this one again!