Strawberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries and graham cracker crumbs
- Line 24 muffin tins with paper liners; set aside.
- Place the cracker crumbs, sugar and butter in a food processor; cover and process until fine crumbs form. Press tablespoonfuls onto bottoms of liners. Bake at 350° for 3-5 minutes or until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition.
- Beat egg whites with clean beaters until stiff peaks form. Fold a third of the egg whites into batter. Fold in remaining egg whites and strawberries.
- Fill muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost tops. Garnish with strawberries and cracker crumbs. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake (calculated without garnishes): 387 calories, 24g fat (15g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 2, 2018
Excellent cupcakes! Everyone loved them!
Jun 4, 2013
Made this recipe. When I ate the first cupcake shortly after it cooled, I was not impressed, but after I removed them from the refrigerator after the frosting, they were delicious. Will make them again. I cup the strawberry in half for garnish. Frost half of them and they are almost gone. My dad and granddaughter loves them!
Jun 3, 2013
This recipe was amazing! I made them twice within a month. The first time I made them my nephew,who is an Executive Chef, was one of the taste testers. He ranted and raved over them and requested I make them again, for him this time, which I did.Each time I made them they turned out absolutely moist & delicious! I had many compliments and requests for more. I will definitely keep this recipe in my most favorite's file!
May 22, 2013
I bake a lot and these are the very best cupcakes I have ever eaten. I made these for Mother's Day and sis in law took some home. I made the cupcakes on Fri night, the icing on Sat and ate them on Sunday. They were perfectly set and I was afraid the bottom would be crumbly. They were amazing!!!
May 6, 2013
Great way to get your cheese cake fix,and not go oveboard