Strawberry Cheesecake Parfaits
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2-1/2 cups angel food cake cubes
- 2 whole fresh strawberries, halved
- In a small bowl, combine sliced strawberries and sugar; set aside. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar. Add the sour cream, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla and almond extract.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add the remaining confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture.
- In two parfait glasses, layer a fourth of the sliced strawberry mixture, cake cubes and cream mixture. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Top each parfait with two strawberry halves.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 618 calories, 32g fat (20g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 571mg sodium, 75g carbohydrate (62g sugars, 5g fiber), 9g protein.
Apr 29, 2015
This recipe is WONDERFUL!!! Strawberries... cheesecake taste... fast to make and a nice way to use strawberries! Fat is good for you as long as it's a good fat! I don't know why people write reviews on recipes based on their nutritional value. If you don't want cheesecake, which is always high in fat unless you use fat-free ingredients (NO THANKS), then look for a different dessert to suit your special diet.
Jun 21, 2010
This recipe looks very pretty, but at 618 calories and 32 grams of fat for such a small dessert, you can keep it!