Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
These treats are a perfect mouthful of strawberries and sweet cream cheese filling. They make a delicious homemade gift for showers or holidays. If you don't have a cake decorating bag, use a spoon to fill the berries, then use a plastic sandwich bag with just the tip of one corner cut off to drizzle the chocolate. —Linda Baldt, Croydon, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 20 large fresh strawberries (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- Graham cracker crumbs, optional
- For filling, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and extract until smooth.
- Remove stems from strawberries. Using a paring knife or small melon baller, cut a 1-in.-deep opening in the stem end of strawberries. Pipe or spoon cream cheese mixture into openings. Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over strawberries; if desired, sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Refrigerate until set.
Nutrition Facts1 filled strawberry: 70 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.