Strawberry Mousse Parfaits
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed, undrained
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/8 teaspoon red food coloring, optional
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Place strawberries in a food processor; process until pureed. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and strawberries until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a large bowl; refrigerate until chilled.
- Set aside 1 cup strawberry mixture. Add condensed milk, orange juice and, if desired, food coloring to remaining mixture; stir until blended. Fold in whipped cream.
- Spoon 1/4 cup cream mixture into each of 12 parfait dishes or cocktail glasses. Layer each with 4 teaspoons of reserved strawberry mixture and 1/4 cup cream mixture. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 parfait: 294 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 59mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 19, 2011
This was light and delicious. My mom always asks me to make her one, especially on a hot day.
Apr 6, 2009
Lovely dessert although there appears to be a typo in the recipe for the amount of strawberry mixture to be set aside for layering. If one needs 4 tsp (4x 5ml = 20ml) for 12 parfaits (12 x 20ml = 240ml), then setting aside only 1/2 cup (125ml)will not do! Otherwise, it was a well-received dessert with my dinner guests and has a nice "summery feel"!