Yogurt Berry Parfaits
Homemade granola layered with fresh fruit and yogurt makes a superb breakfast. Sometimes I skip the parfait step to enjoy it on a hikes or picnics.—Donna Speirs, Kennebunk, ME
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- 4 cups honey Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients. In a small saucepan, mix butter, honey and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat until blended, 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over oat mixture; stir to coat.
- Spread evenly into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until crisp and dark golden brown, 35-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Stir in dried fruit.
- In a small bowl, combine berries. Layer 1/4 cup of the berries, yogurt and granola into 8 parfait glasses. Repeat layers. Top with remaining berries.
Nutrition Facts1 parfait: 590 calories, 27g fat (11g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 9g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Healthy Parfaits in Breakfast & Brunch 2015 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.