Strawberry Yogurt Smoothies
Sun-ripened strawberries are all the fruit you'll want in this basic-but-tasty beverage from Diana Leskauskas of Chatham, New Jersey. If you use fresh berries, she suggests setting aside a few to garnish glassful of the pretty pink drink.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 cups sliced unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sugar strawberry fruit spread
- In a blender or food processor, combine all of the ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 153 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat-free milk.
Originally published as Strawberry Smoothies in Light & Tasty Premiere 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.