Coconut-Granola Yogurt Parfaits
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makes8 parfaits plus 2-1/2 cups granola
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground cardamom, cinnamon and allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 4 cups fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 6 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 cups chopped Honeycrisp apples (about 2 large)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small saucepan, combine pomegranate juice, sugar and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half. Stir in butter and brown sugar until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; stir in salt, spices and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut and cashews. Drizzle with pomegranate juice mixture; toss to combine. Transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring halfway. Cool on a wire rack. When completely cooled, stir in cranberries and chocolate chips.
- For parfaits, in a bowl, mix yogurt, 4 tablespoons honey, lime zest and lime juice until blended. To serve, layer 1/4 cup yogurt mixture, 2 tablespoons granola, 3 tablespoons chopped apple and 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds in each of eight parfait glass. Repeat layers. (Save remaining granola for another use; store in an airtight container.)
- Drizzle parfaits with remaining honey. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 parfait: 440 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 236mg sodium, 64g carbohydrate (45g sugars, 5g fiber), 20g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 30, 2016
I prepared these parfaits this morning and we devoured them. They are absolutely delicious. I prepared the entire recipe this morning but the granola could be made ahead of time. They have a delicious flavor and not only that but are good for you. I used Splenda with no problems. They were delicious. I highly recommend this recipe as a Volunteer Field Editor for Taste of Home.