Strawberry Surprise Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 package strawberry cake mix (regular size)
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- Halved fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, sour cream and eggs. Beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes.
- Fill prepared cups half full. Drop 1/2 teaspoon preserves into center of each cupcake; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the cake portion comes out clean, 22-27 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Pipe frosting over cupcakes and top each with a strawberry half.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 228 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 14, 2014
very moist cupcakes, however, once the cupcakes have cooled, the preserves in the middle turned into a big clump. so whenever you bite into it, it's sticky. But the cake portion is very good!