Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes
My granddaughter Sydney has acquired a love of baking. While I was visiting her in Tampa, we made these light, fluffy cupcakes. She's a natural—these turned out fantastic! —Lonnie Hartstack, Clarinda, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup crushed fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; beat on low 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Fill prepared cups half full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine all ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with additional strawberries. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 253 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Syd's Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes in Taste of Home August/September 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.