Strawberry Lemon Cupcakes
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup crushed fresh strawberries
- Additional fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine the first 6 ingredients; beat on low 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Fill prepared cups half full. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine all ingredients, except additional strawberries; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Garnish with additional strawberries. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 253 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 198mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Sep 2, 2019
Very good! The flavors are wonderful together. I especially loved the frosting! I did not have enough zest to make 2 tablespoons, so I added 1 tablespoon zest and 1 teaspoon lemon extract instead. I think they had plenty of lemon flavor with the substitution.
Aug 16, 2019
These were a refreshing change from my standard vanilla on vanilla cupcakes! I didn't have white cake mix so I made them with yellow. Everything else I copied exactly