Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar. Pat onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Chill.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and eggs in a bowl on medium speed for 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and salt. Continue beating until well blended, about 1 minute. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes. For topping, combine the sour cream and remaining sugar and vanilla in a small bowl; spread over cheesecake. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack. Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 388 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Sep 5, 2016
I made this cheesecake because my Mother-in Law requested. Our Niece and new Hubby came by and Mother-in-Law they all loved it and wanted the recipe. I use Taste of Home recipes quite a bit and have never had a failure. A wonderful place to find and get recipes.
Aug 11, 2015
Made this cheesecake and took into work everybody loved it. I used dark chocolate digestive biscuits (UK) for the Base and when I cooked it I put a loaf tin of boiling water on the oven shelf under the cheesecake. I will make again and vary the flavours. I agree it's a little flat but still lovely
Apr 11, 2015
To Meaghon89 ---- Yes just Double the filling Ingred and bake for the regular Time then check it. Some thing most beginners don't know about Cheesecakes is they don't set up fully until it chills. When I make a Cheesecake I always test it by wiggling the pan a little. In the middle of cake it should not be set all the way about the size of a walnut then check with a thin knife outside of the center of cake. If it comes out clean and you have the middle not fully set its done. Don't keep baking thinking it's under cooked because its not. Hope this helps those who are making this for the first time...
Feb 10, 2015
I made this cheesecake last night and had it for breakfast lol. It was very good. But it was a little to thin/flat would i just double the recipe and cook a little longer for a thicker cheesecake?
Mar 1, 2014
Delicious! Truly simple and simply the best!
Jul 31, 2013
I love the simplicity of this cheesecake....only four ingredients in the filling! This is what I think of when I imagine cheesecake, as it reminds me of what my mom used to make. I think I'd like it even better without the crust.....I know I've seen recipes for crust-less cheesecake, but don't know if that would work in this recipe. The crust is a little too sweet for me, and I actually just eat the filling and topping. I also like the fact that this doesn't make a great big cake, and only requires a nine inch pie pan.
Jun 17, 2013
We loved this!
Nov 29, 2012
The best cheesecake, by far!
Nov 29, 2009
This really is the Best Ever! The Best. Easy to prepare and top notch taste. Love love love it.
Mar 22, 2009
a lot of people go crazy and adventurous with cheesecakes, but this sounds like a great but simple cheesecake
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.