Berry Cheesecake Muffins
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and cinnamon; add to creamed mixture just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups one-fourth full.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and egg until smooth. Fold in berries. Drop a rounded tablespoonful into the center of each muffin.
- For topping, in a small bowl, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake 27-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Oct 28, 2019
In my opinion 1/3 cup of butter isn't going to work for a recipe calling for 1 1/2 cups of flour. The ratio is off. I figured they made a mistake and double the butter to 2/3 cup. I also used the whole 8 oz package of cream cheese. What am I going to do with 2 oz of cream cheese? Mine came out pretty darn good. They were not dry. I also put a heavy tablespoon of the first batter on top of cheesecake batter, then the topping, which I doubled. The yield was lower than what is stated, I got 14 muffins and they were a hit.
Oct 25, 2019
Love them! The tart sweet is just fantastic!
Oct 9, 2019
These did not work for us. The muffins turned out dry and coarse, almost as if they had been made from cornmeal. Thee batter was not sweet; the berries were not sweet. I could not find (see or taste) the topping although I had taken another reviewers suggestion and doubled it. Maybe it was something I did wrong, but I was not impressed.
May 28, 2018
Moist and delicious. They did not last long in the house.
Jun 10, 2014
This was a very good recipe! I had to punt a bit with not having cream cheese, of all things! But I doubled the recipe (of batter and streusel)...then for the filling, I used: 2 (6 oz.) containers of plain yogurt (not Greek), 2/3 cup sugar and only 1 egg before folding in all the fresh fruit. I then made this into a 9x13 inch pan (needed a bake time of approx. 45 min+) AND 10 muffins. So, went a long way and was very tasty. I am a mother of 5 and they gobbled it up! Was a great berry mix and love the topping, too!
Dec 15, 2013
Sounds awesome, I am making this for a christmas party, but in the beginning it says cream butter and sugar. Is that a mix setting? Because I don't see cream on the ingredients list
Jun 29, 2013
This is the BEST muffin recipe I have ever made. They were not only extremely delicious but also moist. The only changes I made to the recipe was to use 1% buttermilk, I doubled the butter on the topping and then doubled the topping, I used 8 oz of cream cheese and I added fresh strawberries with the other fruit so I actually a heaping full 1/2 cup of each fruit. I also made this in the large cupcake/muffin tins. I took these to a bridal shower and some people thought they were professionally made. I will be making these often.
May 22, 2013
I meant "these were very good...."
May 22, 2013
You can NOT overbake any muffin recipe without getting a dry one. Adjust your time and maybe even oven temp accordingly. This were very good, moist, and stayed most until the next day when the rest were eaten. I always check all recipes several minutes B4 they are supposed to be done. Do it right and you get great results.
Jun 1, 2012
I don't understand people who give a poor review for a recipe, WHEN they didn't follow the recipe, they changed it! Especially when the recipe calls for something, like raspberry and blueberries and the reviewer commented that it tasted like a blueberry muffin...dah, if you are going to use only blueberries, it's going to taste like a blueberry muffin!!