Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafers crumbs (about 24 crackers)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Chocolate dessert decorations and whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, pecans and sugar; stir in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Add egg yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. In a small heavy saucepan, whisk egg yolks, sugar and coffee. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160°; stir in vanilla. Whisk in chocolate mixture. Set saucepan in ice and stir until cooled, about 2 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over cheesecake and refrigerate until set. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with dessert decorations and whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 396 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sep 12, 2017
Amazing- I altered the crust to reflect items I had on hand (almonds and chocolate graham crackers). And this was a hit! I will definitely be required to make it again!
Nov 10, 2015
I am not a lover of coffee, so I replaced the coffee in the topping with Chambord to give it a raspberry flavor and it was delicious. I have made this cheesecake many times over the years and it is always a winner.
Sep 4, 2015
This is the best chocolate Mousse Cheesecake.
Oct 11, 2014
My family gets my holiday recipe book out in Nov. and pulls this recipe out so I don't "forget" to make it.It is an annual tradition that we have this Christmas Eve. Best I have ever had!
Apr 8, 2013
I followed the recipe very closely and Mine don't look like the one in the picture. The taste is good . The only change I made is I used chocolate teddy grahams for the crust.
Oct 16, 2009
This cheese cake is wonderful. I will make this one again and again.