Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate wafers crumbs (about 24 crackers)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Chocolate dessert decorations and whipped cream
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, pecans and sugar; stir in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° for 8 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 325°.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla. Add egg yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes. In a small heavy saucepan, whisk egg yolks, sugar and coffee. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches 160°; stir in vanilla. Whisk in chocolate mixture. Set saucepan in ice and stir until cooled, about 2 minutes. Fold in whipped cream. Spread over cheesecake and refrigerate until set. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with dessert decorations and whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 396 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 161mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 12, 2017
Amazing- I altered the crust to reflect items I had on hand (almonds and chocolate graham crackers). And this was a hit! I will definitely be required to make it again!
Nov 10, 2015
I am not a lover of coffee, so I replaced the coffee in the topping with Chambord to give it a raspberry flavor and it was delicious. I have made this cheesecake many times over the years and it is always a winner.
Sep 4, 2015
This is the best chocolate Mousse Cheesecake.
Oct 11, 2014
My family gets my holiday recipe book out in Nov. and pulls this recipe out so I don't "forget" to make it.It is an annual tradition that we have this Christmas Eve. Best I have ever had!
Apr 8, 2013
I followed the recipe very closely and Mine don't look like the one in the picture. The taste is good . The only change I made is I used chocolate teddy grahams for the crust.
Oct 16, 2009
This cheese cake is wonderful. I will make this one again and again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.