New York-Style Cheesecake Mousse
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sliced fresh strawberries, optional
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and lemon peel until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Divide among 12 dessert dishes. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375°. Combine cracker crumbs and sugar in a small bowl; add butter and mix well. Press to a 1/4-in. thickness on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes. Cool completely.
- Just before serving, crumble graham cracker mixture; sprinkle over mousse. Top with strawberries if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup (calculated without strawberries): 175 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 96mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Feb 22, 2013
I can't review as I've not tried. Do you think I could use Cool Whip instead of heavy whipping cream?
May 24, 2012
This was a delicious fun loving recipe. I used this on my co-workers and they loved it. I had one person that could'nt get enough of it....
Dec 27, 2011
These were delicious! They tasted just like cheesecake. I prepared them in bite sized appetizer portions and everyone loved them. I used frozen sliced strawberries in sugar syrup, as strawberries were not in season here, and the juice from the syrup blended beautifully as far as enhancing the taste goes. I would definitely make these again and they were very easy to make.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.