Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with Chocolate Ganache
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 2 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 16 graham crackers)
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and orange zest; stir in butter. Press onto bottom and 2 in. up sides of prepared pan. Refrigerate 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in sour cream. Split vanilla bean lengthwise; using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape seeds from the center into cream cheese mixture. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour into crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For topping, place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate chips; stir with a whisk until smooth. Cool to room temperature or until mixture thickens to spreading consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Remove rim from springform pan. Spread chocolate mixture over cheesecake. Refrigerate 1 hour longer or until set. Top cheesecake with raspberries before serving.
Nov 27, 2015
Wonderful!! I made this for Thanksgiving & everyone loved it! One comment was "every bit as good as Cheesecake Factory". I did use 1 T of vanilla extract rather than 1 tsp, and I had to cook it 20-30 minutes longer than the recipe said, but it turned out moist & delicious.
Nov 5, 2015
Best cheesecake I have ever made. Used pure vanilla, next time will try the vanilla bean. Will definitely make again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.