Chocolate-Topped Chocolate Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 20 squares)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, sugar and cocoa; stir in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1-in. up the side of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in melted chocolate and extracts just until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run knife around the edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate until completely cooled.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips, cream and honey; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes. Pour topping over the cheesecake. Chill for at least 4 hours or until topping is set.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 372 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 28, 2018
Excellent cheesecake. Again, I wish TofH would stopping changing the names of recipes once they have been printed in one of its cookbooks. It makes it difficult to find them on-line to check reviews and tips.
Apr 17, 2012
Did not like the flavor of this cheesecake. I'll keep looking for another recipe.
Dec 13, 2011
This is my daughter's favorite cheesecake recipe!!! It's rich but very delicious!!!!
Feb 25, 2011
I have made this recipe twice now with RAVE reviews! I use hazelnut extract and put some chopped nuts in the crust for texture and crunchy yumminess!
Dec 27, 2010
I had mixed reviews on this cheesecake. My sister LOVED it; however the rest of my family felt it was too rich and I have to agree. If I were to make again I'd make several changes including having a regular graham cracker crust, and would leave off the chocolate glaze. I'd also cook the cheesecake in a water bath to avoid cracking; however I do want to mention that I used a block of 1/3 less fat cream cheese and 2 regular packages because that is what I had on hand. I will say that the actual filling was amazing with the hint of almond!
Dec 16, 2010
The texture of this cheesecake was amazing! So creamy. And that hint of almond really made this recipe!
Apr 2, 2010
Made this for an office party and it was gone in the first 10 minutes. Everyone loved it and several asked for the recipe. definitely a hit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.