Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + chilling
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white baking chips, melted and cooled
- 6 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons creme de cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup coarsely crushed Oreo cookies (about 10 cookies)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cooled chips, creme de menthe, flour, creme de cacao and extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour half the batter over crust; sprinkle with crushed Oreos. Carefully spoon remaining batter over top. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 75-80 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Spread over cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 518 calories, 33g fat (18g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Feb 18, 2020
Nicole: You can find creme de menthe in your grocery store where the wine and other alcohol is kept.
Feb 7, 2020
First Cheesecake I've backed that didn't crack and I've done water baths on most of them. Swapped the Oreo crust for a chocolate shortbread and used broken bits of Andes mints in the middle. Just needs to chill overnight and put the ganache on. I'll update after i have a slice or two. Thank You
Dec 9, 2019
Time consuming but awesome recipe. I substituted gluten free chocolate oreo like sandwiches for crust. So good.
Nov 13, 2019
Wow...so delicious and so pretty! A hit at my party!
Oct 25, 2019
Where can you get the creme de stuff
Oct 25, 2019
Looks wonderful! Can I use chocolate chips in place of the white chocolate?
Sep 17, 2019
i love it
Aug 26, 2019
My entire family loved this cheesecake and can't wait till I make it again!!!