Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
I created this mint chocolate cheesecake for our high school's annual fundraiser. We were told that it brought a hefty price and was one of the first desserts to go! If desired, the cookie pieces may be stirred into the batter instead of being added in a layer. Keep the pieces fairly small; otherwise they have a tendency to rise to the top. —Sue Gronholz, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours + chilling
- 1 cup Oreo cookie crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup white baking chips, melted and cooled
- 6 tablespoons creme de menthe
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons creme de cacao
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup coarsely crushed Oreo cookies (about 10 cookies)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan. In a small bowl, mix cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cooled chips, creme de menthe, flour, creme de cacao and extract. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Pour half the batter over crust; sprinkle with crushed Oreos. Carefully spoon/pour remaining batter over top. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 75-80 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Place chocolate chips in a small bowl. In a small saucepan, bring cream just to a boil. Pour over chocolate; stir with a whisk until smooth. Spread over cheesecake.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 518 calories, 33g fat (18g saturated fat), 116mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Grasshopper Cookies ‘n’ Crème Cheesecake in Taste of Home October/November 2019