Lemony White Chocolate Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 65 min. + chilling
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 10 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten, room temperature
- Optional: White baking chocolate curls and lemon zest strips
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar and zest; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in white chocolate, flour, cream, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust.
- Place pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake 65-85 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour . Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with white chocolate and lemon zest strips if desired.
Freeze option: Wrap individual portions of cheesecake in plastic wrap and place in a resealable plastic freezer bag. Seal bag and freeze for future use. To use, thaw completely in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 637 calories, 45g fat (28g saturated fat), 182mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 17, 2020
I liked this recipe. A few things I would recommend. Use double the lemon juice. Use double the lemon zest. Trust me. Use a third less sugar. Skip whipped topping. The sugar will overpower the lemon taste. I used double the lemon and it was still way too sweet. Otherwise. Delicious!!
Dec 26, 2019
Hey Ladonna, I just made this one gluten free and it did not affect the texture almost at all. The crust was a different story as it didn't bind as well, but still turned out the right color and according to the friend I made it for was very good!
Dec 25, 2019
I made this for our Christmas dessert. And it’s AMAZING! I followed the recipe to an “T” I did not use springform pan. Mine leaks I used a deep dish 9 X 13 glass dish lined with parchment paper and turned out beautifully. Baked almost 60 min. I made a tangy lemon sauce to drizzle over it !! Beyond 5 stars!!!
Dec 24, 2019
I absolutely love this recipe! I have made it numerous times as is, but I've also used it as a base for others minus the lemon. I've done everything from maple to caramel to almond. Also, with different crusts from gingersnaps to pecan sandies to oreos....So many more bases and crusts!! Try this recipe exactly as written and you cannot go wrong....I promise!
Dec 23, 2019
Looking forward to eating it. In oven right now.
Dec 11, 2019
Great recipe, can you tell me if this could be made gluten free, would it make a big difference in taste and texture? Has anyone tried this gluten free?
Dec 11, 2019
can you use melted white almond bark for the white chocolate
Feb 3, 2019
This is my second time making this delicious dessert and it did not disappoint. My youngest son who loves lemons, white chocolate and cream cheese was in heaven when I made this for his birthday.
Sep 8, 2017
This recipe is wonderful, I have made it several times and it has been loved by everyone.
Aug 27, 2017
Let me tell U it's a five star recipe!! Made it yesterday for the first time and everyone loved it even though I didn't have lemons at home..I used limes instead n it still was perfect...did make a change or two as suggested in comments...placed a parchment paper for easily removal of cheesecake from the pan, made a biscuit Base, didn't add any sugar, just a few cashews finely ground and the same amount of lime zest n butter as recipe calls for ...the Base didn't harden at all was just right ...the cheesecake recipe I just halved cuz 4 pkgs seemed a lot to me n I think it serves OK, Doesn't have a very strong lemony taste so if u like u can add more zest or a tbsp more of lemon juice or make a lemony/lime glaze as suggested in a review, I topped it with whipped cream n that complimented the cheesecake....one can go for a second piece immediately ...its that good n refreshing :) A must try for everyone.