Contest-Winning White Chocolate Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling
- 7 whole cinnamon graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- Red food coloring, optional
- Melted white chocolate
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs and yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in white chocolate. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is just set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- For sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add strawberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in a few drops of food coloring if desired. Cool.
- Spread strawberry sauce over top of cheesecake; drizzle with melted white chocolate. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 572 calories, 41g fat (25g saturated fat), 205mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 6, 2017
Made this for a dinner party. It turned out amazing and everyone loved it! I'll definitely make it again.
Nov 6, 2017
Made this for a dinner party and it turned out amazing and everyone loved it! I will definitely make it again.
Dec 21, 2016
My "go to" cheesecake. The very best I have found and easy to make.
Nov 16, 2015
Altough I prefer dark chocolate cheesecakes like marbled cheesecake, this one was delicious, and it gets even more tasty after a few days in the fridge
Apr 20, 2014
I really love this recipe, for years people have been asking me to make a cheesecake. I choose this recipe and I am soooo glad I did it's the best cheese cake I have ever had, and I love cheese cake. normally I don't attempt my favorite foods because I don't want to ruin them, but this recipe is so easy to follow that it almost fool proof.
Apr 8, 2012
This was the first cheesecake I've ever made and I absolutely love it! Instead of making a strawberry topping I made blackberry (used 2 cups instead of 1-1/2). I will definitely be using this as a base recipe when I try my next cheesecake: White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl.
Mar 13, 2012
Excellent recipe! This was one of the best cheesecakes I've ever made. I paired it with a homemade strawberry sauce....DELICIOUS!! Definite keeper. (I found it needed to be baked for approx.20 min longer).
Oct 10, 2011
This is one of the recipes that I used for my daughter's wedding. It's creamy, with a hint of white chocolate, and is not overpowering. It also freezes really well. It's very easy to make and I will make it again.