Coconut-White Chocolate Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 1 hour + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups white baking chips, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted, divided
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place a greased 9-in. (3-in.-deep) springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Wrap foil securely around pan.
- In a small bowl, mix cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in cooled chips, coconut milk and extracts. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until blended. Fold in 1/2 cup coconut. Pour over crust. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- Remove rim from pan. Serve cheesecake topped with remaining coconut.
Test Kitchen Tips
Editor's NoteTo toast coconut, bake in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 517 calories, 40g fat (25g saturated fat), 144mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 27, 2018
I tend to avoid extracts wherever I can. This looks like a cheesecake right up my alley but as mentioned, the extract. I know it makes vast difference, but would it still be enjoyable dessert without it?
Feb 21, 2018
Best cheesecake recipe I have found to date. I do not like coconut, and I loved this cheesecake! The recipe is also a great base for variations. I have substituted the coconut extract with different extracts. I recently used strawberry extract and about 1/3 C. blended strawberries in place of the original recipe's coconut extract and shredded coconut ingredients.
Feb 2, 2018
This cheesecake is excellent! I am a big cheesecake fan, and this one is wonderful to make and eat. I like to sprinkle some chopped macadamia nuts on top for a nice additional crunch and added tropical flavor.
Apr 17, 2017
Made this for Easter and everyone really enjoyed it. I cut it into small squares and add some additional toasted coconut to the top of each square and speared each one with a small appetizer fork. Great presentation. I did have to up the oven temp to 350 as mine went over the hour and 15 minute mark but was still giggly in the center. Next time I will try using a slightly larger spring form pan. The taste was rich and not overly sweet.Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor.
Oct 11, 2015
My first attempt at a cheesecake. It was really easy to make and came out divine .Huge hit saved to my box .Thank you.
Aug 28, 2014
This cake was great. Everyone who tried it loved it!!
Jun 10, 2014
This was fantastic! Creamy and not overly rich. It will definitely go into my recipe box and make another appearance at our dessert table
Apr 21, 2014
This was fabulous! I haven't really made a cheesecake from scratch before, so I wasn't sure I was doing it right, but it turned out perfect. I served it for Easter, and my brother said it was the best he's ever had -- even better than Cheesecake Factory! I had purchased some raspberry pie filling in case it needed something more, but it was perfect as is. Thanks for this one!!