Lime Coconut Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons ground macadamia nuts or almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- Green food coloring
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Toasted coconut and additional whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine coconut and nuts; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown around the edges. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Stir in sugar; cook over low heat until sugar and gelatin are dissolved. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in gelatin mixture. Add lime juice and zest; beat until blended. Tint pale green with food coloring. Fold in whipped cream. Pour over crust. Refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight.
- Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with coconut and additional whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 312 calories, 25g fat (16g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Sep 10, 2014
Sep 9, 2013
Delicious and easy. Will make this again for sure!
Apr 8, 2013
Excellent as written. No need to change a thing. Thank you so much for a great, great recipe. Definitely a "keeper" !!
Aug 21, 2011
This is my all time go-to recipe when I can't think of any dessert to bring to a gathering. It is absolutely the best. I'm making it again this week for a baby shower that I'm co-hosting. I will probably make three of them.