Contest-Winning Fruitcake Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups chopped pecans (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1-1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/4 cups chopped candied cherries (about 1/2 pound)
- 1-1/4 cups chopped candied pineapple (about 1/2 pound)
- 4-1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, combine pecans, cracker crumbs, raisins, cherries and pineapple. In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows, milk and butter. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until melted.
- Pour over pecan mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls and roll in the coconut.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 196 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Jun 23, 2017
This recipes reminds me of the fruitcake my Mom made when we were kids. It was made with graham cracker crumbs and marshmallow cr?me. It was so good like these cookies!!
Dec 28, 2011
My family has loved this recipe for 16 years. My husband asks for me to make these.
Nov 16, 2011
It's a good thing these cookies are yummy since it makes a huge batch! I should've been alerted by the large quantities for the ingredients, but I was in a hurry and not thinking. I saw the "48 servings" and thought 48 cookies, but it turns out to make nearly 100 cookies. It also took a lot more than the 1-1/2 cups of coconut listed to cover all those balls. I finished an open bag I had and started a second. It must have been 5, probably 6 cups to cover them like it shows in the picture. Will make again, but only half a batch!