Quick Fruitcake Cookies
For folks who like their fruitcake in small doses, this is the mouthwatering answer. I always have plenty packed away in the freezer to replenish my yuletide supply.—Bonnie Milner, De Ridder, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 8 ounces candied cherries, halved
- 8 ounces candied pineapple, diced
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in the pecans, dates and fruit.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 325° for 13-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 159 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 98mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Fruitcake Cookies in Country Woman Christmas 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.