Slice ‘n’ Bake Fruitcake Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup each red and green candied cherries, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in raisins and cherries.
- Shape dough into two 2-in.-thick logs; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut logs into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 72 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 38mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 23, 2013
Where is the nutritional info? Need to know the carb count.
Nov 9, 2011
I made these last year for the holidays. They topped my list of goodies to sneak when no one was looking! Absolutely delicious!
Dec 22, 2010
This cookies are sooo good. I can't have just one .
Dec 2, 2010
This looks good and I would like to try it for the holidays
Dec 2, 2010
Easy, Easy! I used fruitcake fruits instead of seperate cherries and raisins.