Fruity No-Bake Cookies
Keep your kitchen cool with these freezer cookies made with fruity cereal. They're extra sweet and even more fun for kids to help make.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 4 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces white candy coating
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon extract, optional
- Sprinkles, optional
- Place cereal in a food processor; process until finely crushed. Add cream cheese; process until blended. Shape into 1-in. balls. Coat bottom of a glass with cooking spray, then dip in sugar. Press cookies with bottom of glass to flatten, re-dipping in sugar as needed. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with bottom of glass. Freeze 30 minutes or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth. If desired, stir in lemon extract. Dip cookies in coating mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. If desired, immediately decorate with sprinkles. Store between layers of waxed paper in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 108 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Chocolate Mint Cookie Truffles in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.