Nanny’s Fruitcake Cookies
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1-2/3 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1-1/3 cups golden raisins
- 1 cup pitted dried plums, chopped
- 2/3 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Place the first five ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with Triple Sec and toss to combine. Let stand, covered, overnight.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, sugars and nutmeg until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Gradually beat in flour. Stir in fruit mixture.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 12x3x1-in. rectangular log. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate overnight or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 13-16 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 131 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Mar 17, 2015
These are a great twist on fruit cake. They are lovely on a plate. The recipe is simple and they are so good.
Feb 18, 2015
Made as directed and these turned out surprisingly moist. Delicious. I'll make them again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.