Fruity Pastel Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin or flavor of your choice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Red and green colored sugar and/or sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, sugar and gelatin powder until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Decorate as desired with colored sugar and/or sprinkles. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 77 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 51mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 23, 2017
We love these cooking. They're pressed out perfect for my cookie press. You can use any flavor of gelatin you want for this recipe.
Dec 31, 2011
I make these nearly every year. This year we made one batch of dough with lime jello and one with cherry jello and then combined them in the cookie press for colorful two-tone cookies. My grandchildren loved them!
Jun 16, 2010
I made these for a Christmas Cookie contest and WON first place!!! Children were the judges and LOVED them!
Dec 19, 2007
It seemed the dough was too sticky and would not go thru cookie press. I dropped them by tsp. and pressed them down with my finger. Delicious taste