Gingerbread Fruitcake Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 container (8 ounces) chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, mix cookie mix, melted butter and water to form a soft dough. Stir in candied fruit, pecans and raisins. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool on pans 1 minute. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar and enough orange juice to reach desired consistency. Spread or drizzle over cookies. Let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 111 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 10, 2013
I made these without the nuts or the fruitcake, but added an extra 1/2 cup of raisins. They were absolutely delicious. You should not miss out on these cookie simply because you don't like fruitcake!
Jan 6, 2013
I made these for my mother-in-law who loves fruitcake. According to her they were great and wanted me to make her more. You must love fruitcake to like these because everyone in my house, including me thought they were terrible.