Fruitcake Christmas Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 3-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups dates, finely chopped
- 4 ounces red candied cherries, halved
- 4 ounces candied pineapple, diced
- 1/2 cup whole hazelnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets. Bake until golden brown, about 15 minutes. Store in an airtight container. (Cookies are best after a few days.)
Dec 20, 2017
Undoubtedly the BEST fruitcake cookie! Even my picky daughter, who hates candied fruit, loves these cookies!
Dec 26, 2015
These were soooo yummy...the only difference is I used the ultimate fruitcake fruit mix...I won second place in a cookie contest at work...only missing it by one vote..(it was biased lol )...I had to make them three times this holiday season...once for Thanksgiving...one for Christmas cookie exchange...and again for Christmas..they are actually better if you make them a few days ahead of time and store them in a tight container..its like the juice from the candied fruit sinks in and gives it an incredible taste...definitely a keeper
Dec 22, 2015
Hazelnuts are also called Filberts. I've seen both names in the supermarket. These cookies are absolutely delicious. I make them every year during Christmas.
Dec 19, 2015
I used fresh dates which were hard to cut up and made a gooey mess in the dough. wished they had more candied pineapple but tasted good. should I used a different kind of dates? also only used walnuts and pecans. think hazel nuts have another name so couldn't find them.
Dec 19, 2015
I used 7 oz of dried fruit (apples, plums, apricots) and diced it in small pieces in place of candied fruit. I also only used peacans that my daughter curshed in a sandwich bag. My daugher doesn't eat fruit cake of any kind, but ate these cookies. There is only a dozen left. A definate add to my recipe list.
Dec 8, 2013
This recipe is a keeper! I didn't have candied pineapple or hazelnuts and they were delicious! Will try this again using all of the ingredients. I got 4 1/2 dozen from this recipe.
Apr 8, 2012
Dec 23, 2010
Out of this world delicious..they make great gifts if place in small pretty tins...
Dec 23, 2010
Out of this world delicious!!! makes a great gift in pretty little tins...
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.