Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting (about 1-2/3 cups)
- Red gel or paste food coloring
- Miniature marshmallows
- Brown M&M's minis
- Red Hots
- Red jimmies
- Sweetened shredded coconut
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes, filling paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks; cool completely.
- Tint 2/3 cup frosting red with food coloring. Place 3 tablespoons white frosting in a food-safe plastic bag; cut a 1/4-in. hole in one corner and reserve for piping.
- Use remaining white frosting to cover two-thirds of each cupcake. For hats, cover remaining third of each cupcake with red frosting. Pipe fur trim with white frosting; add marshmallows for pom-poms. Decorate with M&M's, Red Hots and jimmies for faces; add coconut for beards.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 276 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 13, 2012
Easy and fun for Christmas!
Dec 24, 2011
we loved them
Dec 8, 2011
Simple to make and look stunning.
Dec 12, 2009
My granddaughter and I made these cupcakes last year and they were a big hit with all her little friends.
Jun 30, 2009
We had Christmas in July for Missions in our church. These cupcakes were a big hit. I was the only one to do a Christmas Theme for our bake sale ....Everyone brought a cupcake and these sold out first! Thanmks so much
Dec 29, 2008
Made these for The Ronald McDonald House that I volunteer with plus a batch for my daughter's 20th birthday. They were perfect and quite easy. I substituted a red mini m&m for the nose. Will definitely make again next year.
Dec 29, 2008
I had so much fun making these, and they were a great hit with my family.
Dec 29, 2008
These were very good and easy to make except I though it would be easier to use red frosting in a tube for the hat. It was easy to work with, but when I took them from the refrigerator to our destination the red icing ran and was a little messy and not as pretty as when they were first made.
Dec 23, 2008
Looks great!I Have some Red Silicone cupcake cups. Will look festive.Tomorrow!
Dec 6, 2008
Thanks for the ideas for an alternative to coconut. I'm almost embarrassed that I didn't think of that on my own. It also sparked the thought of using shavings from candy bars that are made of white chocolate.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.