Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup mixed candied fruit, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a saucepan, combine butter, milk, sugar and honey. Bring to a full boil. Remove from the heat; stir in almonds and fruit. Stir in flour until blended. Drop by tablespoonfuls 3 in. apart onto greased and floured baking sheets. Spread batter with a spoon to form 2-1/2-in. circles. Bake at 350° until edges are lightly browned, 6-9 minutes. Cool on pans for 1 minute before carefully removing to waxed paper to cool completely. For coating, combine chocolate chips and shortening in a small saucepan. Cook over low heat until melted. Spread 1 teaspoonful over the bottom of each cookie. When chocolate is almost set, draw wavy lines with a fork or cake decorating comb. Store in the refrigerator.
1 cookie: 92 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.