Easy Candied Fruit Cookies
Family and friends always want me to make these for Christmas, so I make lots of them. They're easy to handle and store and also make nice gifts. —Nan Bush, Morganton, North Carolina
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1 cup red and green candied cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients until blended. Divide mixture into three portions. Shape each portion into a 10x2-in. rectangle. Roll each rectangle in confectioners' sugar to coat. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut logs crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
Originally published as Fruit Roll in Cookies & Candies 2014 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.