Easy Candied Fruit Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) vanilla wafers, crushed
- 2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 1 cup red and green candied cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, mix the first five ingredients until blended. Divide mixture into three portions. Shape each portion into a 10x2-in. rectangle. Roll each rectangle in confectioners' sugar to coat. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut logs crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Store in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 86 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 33mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 21, 2019
This is precisely the recipe that a family friend made yearly at Christmas. However, she packed it back in the Nilla Wafer box( split down the front with the waxed paper still in it) and it was sliced as a fruitcake! As I recall, hers had raisins also. I will be making this tomorrow as a special surprise for my sister! This recipe is absolutely delicious!
Dec 19, 2018
The inscructions appear incomplete. Unless you are supposed to eat the dough without baking.