Almond-Pecan Date Truffles
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1-1/2 dozen
- 1/3 cup apple juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) chopped dates
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup ground almonds, toasted
- In a microwave, warm apple juice. Stir in dates; let stand 5 minutes to soften, stirring occasionally. Remove dates from apple juice; discard liquid. Transfer dates to the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment; process until smooth. Add pecans and spices; pulse just until combined (mixture will be thick).
- Shape mixture into 1-in. balls; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate, covered, 30-60 minutes.
- Roll date balls in almonds.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 date ball: 109 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 3, 2019
Made these and just set them on the counter and next time i looked they were all gone - could not say they were healthy or they would still be there. Easy to make too