Sugar Cookie Slices
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 165 calories, 9g fat (6g saturated fat), 25mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Feb 5, 2012
These were great....easy to prepare and so tasty. I didn't use butter, I tried butter flavored crisco. They turned out very crisp. Delicious.
May 26, 2011
Loved this recipe! These have a great taste and are easier/quicker than rolled and cut sugar cookies. The only thing I did different was to roll the logs of dough in sanding sugar for a pretty effect and I iced them with a simple powdered sugar & water glaze. My family loved them - and they were so pretty for Easter! Thanks for sharing!
Feb 11, 2011
Very good. The dough crumbles when cold; let it warm up a bit.
Jul 4, 2009
These cookies are wonderful. My daughter has nut allergies, so I can't buy the refrigerated sugar cookie that many recipes use as a base. This recipe is quick to make and tastes delicious!