Fancy Sugar Cookie Bars
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, coconut and pecans. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 137 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 88mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
May 23, 2015
It is a fancy cookie bar! Took the advice of others and melted the chocolate chips on the hot cookie then topped with toppings. Also made a second pan with almonds instead. Tasted like an Almond Joy candy bar!
Dec 18, 2012
These tasted wonderful! I did have a problem keeping the topping on like the previous reviewer, but will try the suggestion when making them again. Definately an easy, tasty treat!!
Mar 27, 2011
These were the easiest cookies to make, and they were a big hit. My husband was upset that I took them to school and didn't save some for him. I used a packaged sugar cookie mix instead of refrigerated cookie dough. I didn't measure any of the toppings and I added butter scotch chips. I would love to make these again.
Sep 2, 2010
The sugar cookie and chocolate chunks are the best part
Mar 19, 2010
Simple and good!
Feb 1, 2010
The topping of chips, coconut and nuts fall off the cookie! I would strongly suggest melting chips only on crust first and spreading them like a frosting and then sprinkling the coconut, nuts and some chips on after. This way the melted chocolate holds the topping on. I also drizzled some melted chocolate chips over the bars for some extra hold!
Jan 15, 2009
This looks so good and easy. People will think you really went the extra mile with these.