Slice & Bake Coconut Shortbread Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Gradually beat flour into creamed mixture. Stir in coconut.
- Using a sheet of waxed paper, shape dough into a 12x3x1-in. rectangle. Wrap in waxed paper; refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 18-20 minutes or until edges are light golden. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 73 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 36mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 24, 2020
these are great just as written!! easy to mix up, put in fridge, slice and bake in minutes for guests!! Love them!
Jul 30, 2018
Heavenly! A light, chewy cookie packed with coconut flavor. The recipe is fantastic as is, but I've also tired it with toasted coconut. Also substitute 1/2 cup flour for rolled oats (not instant.)
Jun 4, 2017
The first time, I made the recipe exactly as printed and found the coconut flavor good, but the cookie a bit sweet for my taste, though others did not agree. The first day, the texture was good, but quickly became much softer than a shortbread should be. I next tried substituting an equal amount of unsweetened coconut, and the result was perfect. Good flavor, good texture. Thanks for sharing this easy recipe.