Candied Fruit Cookies
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2-1/2 cups pitted dates, chopped
- 1/2 cup each chopped candied cherries and pineapple
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped Brazil nuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in fruits and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 59 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 27, 2010
Absolutely, wondeful.... I used walnuts instead of brazil nuts...... I also added 1/4 cup of lard and 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar instead of the 3/4 cup of sugar. The cookies were omgosh..... delicious. Sinfully Good!