Quick Cranberry Chip Cookies
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the chips, cranberries and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 97 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 48mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 14, 2018
Wonderful! Thank you for sharing this recipe!
Sep 9, 2017
has anyone tried to make these with gluten free all purpose flour?
Apr 6, 2016
These were wonderful
Jan 9, 2016
Yummy cookie. Did make a few changes after reading the reviews. I used 1cup of butter instead of 1/2 cup butter & 1/2 cup shortening and decreased the amount of chocolate chips cranberries and nuts. And omitted the white chips all together - because of personal preference. Very good, very easy and made enough to freeze for later.
Dec 18, 2015
Easy and delicious. Didn't want to add the chocolate taste so just used all white chips. I'll make these again for the Holidays next year.
Dec 18, 2013
Simple yet delicious edition to my Christmas cookie tray! I used butter flavored shortening.
Jul 14, 2013
I cut back on the nuts a little.
Dec 16, 2012
These cookies are very good. I used all butter instead of half butter, half shortening. They cookies were moist and delicious and all the guests at my dinner party raved about them.
Dec 23, 2011
This is an excellent Christmas/Winter cookie. Delightfully good! My family loved them especially with a hot cup of coffee or tea. I made them with and without nuts to take to a Christmas party at work today. Rave reviews and not one left. Several asked for the recipe. Easy too. Makes a few more than 70. I found 11 minutes was perfect using a stone baking sheet.
Mar 24, 2011
This is a wonderful cookie - I made according to the recipe and liked the abundance of chips, cranberries and nuts. I used butter flavored shortening. Will keep this one handy for future cookie baking.